Thursday, January 17, 2013
7 Sage Solutions
1. This herb is popularly used to season sauces and dishes - use it in your food to add some of its distinct flavour.
2. The wise sage - this herb is a great brain food and helps boost memory
3. Whiten your teeth: using a grinder or mortar and pestle, grind up 2 tablespoons dried sage and 2 tablespoons sea salt. Spread the mixture evenly on a baking sheet then bake at 250F for about 15-30 minutes. remove from oven, cool, blend, then brush your teeth using the mixture.
4. Soothe your cough or irritated throat - Soak a few sage leaves in freshly boiled water. You may use this as a throat rinse or you can add some sage in your favourite tea for a similar effect (add honey if you have a sweet tooth!)
5. Sage protects DNA from disease - read about it here
6. Sage helps improve circulation, hormonal imbalances/ PMS symptoms, and insomnia
7. Aromatherapy: use essential oils or scents to promote healing and balance. Always dilute essential oils before using them on your skin; you may want to mix some oils in your bath, shower gels, or massage oils. Sage is also known as the herb for cleansing and purification.
That kid Tasha